- What is online courses for school bus drivers?
- How much do online courses cost?
- What is a “group leader”?
- Can I set up for more than 1 group leader within an organization?
- What is the process for enrolling in courses?
- What are the steps for registering into online courses?
- Are courses ALL school bus related?
- Can our district select individual courses?
- If I sign up for online courses, are yearly renewals automatic?
- Can I access online courses from my phone or tablet?
- How do I access the menu from my phone or tablet?
- What happens if I lose or forget my password?
- I can login but the video is not playing
- Why is my progress not being updated?
- Can I take a test without watching the accompanied video?
- Is there a way to see which answers were missed or got correct on the lesson quiz?
- How do I get reports for individual progress and test results?
What is online courses for school bus drivers?
Our online safety training courses provides a power packed online training system for school bus drivers. School bus drivers would have a personal login and profile. They can access video lessons online from a variety of electronic devices. Each lesson is accompanied by an online test. Once a driver completes all lessons and tests within a course, they can print out a custom certificate of completion. CHECK OUT THIS SHORT VIDEO.
How much do online courses cost?
The cost of our online courses is variant on district size, the number of drivers that will be enrolling in courses, and the amount of courses selected. Our prices are significantly lower than our competitors. The best way to find out how much you would be paying is to CLICK HERE and REQUEST A FREE QUOTE. We will get you your custom quote usually within a couple of hours. However, it may take UP TO 24 hours to get your quote.
What is a “group leader”?
Each “group” or “organization” will have a designated GROUP LEADER. This is typically a supervisor and/or trainer. The group leader will have administrative back end access that drivers cannot see. Group leaders will be able to track individual driver progress. They can issue specific lessons at the click of a button. The administrative side of the online courses can even export ALL DRIVER progress, test results and much more onto a spreadsheet with a click of a button. We suggest you check out THIS VIDEO to get a better idea of how this tracking feature works and how it can provide accountability for the driver and your organization.
Can I set up for more than 1 group leader within an organization?
Yes, we allow more than 1 group leader within a single organization. We do limit the number of group leaders to 2. However, in certain instances we can allow more depending on district size or special circumstances.
What is the process for enrolling in courses?
Once a group leader is designated, they will receive an email from Video Communications. The email will contain the group leaders’ login information. In addition, the email will contain a template for the group leader to copy and paste to send to ALL drivers that will be enrolling in the online courses. Within that template will be a registration code that drivers will enter when registering.
What are the steps for registering into online courses?
Registration for drivers is a very easy process. It will take a minute or two to fill out your basic information and enter the registration code provided to you by your supervisor. You would then receive an email with a link that you would use to create your personal password. There are only 5 fields to fill in. Here is what the registration form looks like…..(also look below the picture to get troubleshooting techniques)
There are typically 2 issues when registering:
1) The user trying to register enters an incorrect email address. If the email address you entered is not correct you will not get the confirmation email required to complete the registration.
2) The user is not following on screen instructions when creating their usernames and passwords.
- A username is fairly basic and should not have special characters such as…$,#,!,&.
- The initial setup of a password should have a minimum of 12 characters AND must contain a special character. (!,#,$,%,&)
Are courses ALL school bus related?
YES! Every one of our videos is designed specifically for school bus drivers.
Can our district select individual courses?
YES! When you request a free quote you have the option of selecting which courses you would like drivers to be enrolled in. We offer 4 different courses….
Hazard Awareness • Behind the Wheel • Behavioral • Special Needs
You can choose a single course, multiple courses or ALL 4 courses.
If I sign up for online courses, are yearly renewals automatic?
NO. When you sign up, you will have access to online courses for 1 year. You will get an email close to your renewal date to see if you would like to renew the service for the upcoming year.
Can I access online courses from my phone or tablet?
YES! Our online courses can be accessed from computers, smartphones and tablets.
How do I access the menu from my phone or tablet?
The main menu will look slightly different when accessing courses through a phone or tablet. The reason for this is that the screens are much smaller than a computer screen is. So, the information has to be condensed. To access online courses from your phone you can first go to https://courses.safetyvideos.org/ as shown below.
The menu icon will bring up ALL menu options…
What happens if I lose or forget my password?
If you lose or forget your password, simply CLICK HERE and you can set up a new one. It is always a good idea to write down your username and password and keep it in a safe place.
I can login but the video is not playing
If you can login and the video is not playing, it is more than likely a buffering issue. This means that the electronic device you are using may be too old or outdated. TROUBLE SHOOTING TECHNIQUES:
1) Shut down computer completely. Let it sit for 1 full minute then power it back on.
2) Use minimal applications and web pages at the same time.
3) Try watching the video from another device. If it works on one device, but not the other, then it will be an issue with the device it does not work on.
Why is my progress not being updated?
There could be 2 issues with this. And the 2 top solutions are below.
- If the green ‘click here to continue’ button is not pressed after quiz results have been calculated, then progress WILL NOT be updated. You must complete the ENTIRE lesson and click that button after each lesson!
- If you are logged in and walk away from your computer or smart device for an extended period of time, the system will automatically kick you out. (This is a security measure) Try to simply log out, then log back in.
Watch the video below to get a better understanding of how it works.
Can I take a test without watching the accompanied video?
NO. The purpose for online courses is for drivers to watch the entire video. The online test will be accessible at the videos completion.
Is there a way to see which answers were missed or got correct on the lesson quiz?
Yes! At the conclusion of the test, results will be compiled and drivers can view which questions they got correct and which questions were incorrect. The group leader will also have this information at their fingertips when viewing individual reports.
How do I get reports for individual progress and test results?
To view test results or progress to an individual profile. You would select ‘group administration’ from the main menu bar.
Once that opens you can click ‘list users’…this will bring up a list of everyone enrolled in your group.
You can then click on ‘report’ next to the name that you want to view.
The personal report page will show which courses that person is enrolled in. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to find detailed reports about each lesson.
When you click on ‘statistics’ for a particular lesson, you will get an in-depth report on the quiz results, as shown below.